Friday, February 20, 2015

Week 7

Have you ever wondered how mentally strong you really are? Have you ever wondered how soldiers endured amputations alive.. How POW's survived torture.. How Mothers and Fathers are able to keep getting out of bed after losing a child? 

There is a place in our minds that is SO powerful... So powerful. I do not think we know this place until we have no choice but to go there. I get it now. I go there now . My pain is great. I am greater . Now I know how people make it, no matter how excruciating the physical and or mental pain. I can't describe it.. I just know it's a place. It's a decision. It's clamping down on your jaw and just doing it even if it feels like it's killing you. The last two weeks have been a massive struggle.. But I got one darn good day.. And because of that I am blessed. I got a snow day ( I thought the last 7 weeks were snow days) I was able to spend a few glorious days functioning with my other half and friends .. I got to see the kids faces enjoy the snow . I had The most precious Valentine's Day yet. For all this I am so grateful. 
Next week marks 2 months post op. I will have about 5 check ups next week instead of my weekly 2. I am anxious but excited to get to 2 months. I did it.. So far . 
Vini .. Vidi..

No comments:

Post a Comment